Shopify hosts over 3.8 million ecommerce stores. Merchants prefer Shopify because:
- It’s clean and intuitive,
- It’s easy to set up a store on Shopify,
- Shopify’s at the forefront of e-commerce innovation,
- And…because it has the Shopify App Store!
The Shopify app store contains over 7300 apps for building, managing, and growing a Shopify store. It’s nicely structured and categorized for merchants to find what they need.
The problem is: Each category has 10s or even 100s of apps. And most of the apps you’ll discover will have positive reviews on the app store.
So how can you know which is the best Shopify app in the particular category? For one, you can do research and experiment. Or, you can read our listicle on the best Shopify apps.
We have done the hard work for you. And these are the 25 best Shopify apps you should install to grow your e-commerce business.
The 25 Best Shopify Apps For Your Store
Our list includes apps in categories merchants commonly scroll through when they decide to extend functionality for store growth. If you’d like us to review apps in other categories than the mentioned ones, let us know in the comments.
Best Shopify Apps For Referral & Affiliate Marketing
These (or rather ‘this’) Shopify apps help you create an affiliate program for your store and generate word of mouth, growth loops, & sales without ads. Some of the top businesses use referral programs, and so should you.
You must be (sarcastically) thinking, “Hmm…The #1 best Shopify app, according to Social Snowball, is Social Snowball. Seems about right!”
First of all, we are not saying Social Snowball is the #1 Shopify app. We are just saying Social Snowball is the #1 affiliate app for Shopify!
And we truly believe that. Perhaps it’s because we added features we couldn’t find elsewhere. Or because those features have made our customers up to 30% extra in revenue. The simplified payouts that keep the merchant-affiliate bond strong might have something to do with it as well. Or…or…we guess it’s because we have the highest possible rating on the Shopify app store.
- Automated affiliate marketing: Social Snowball turns all customers into affiliates.
- Thank you page: On the thank you page, all customers see a personalized discount code (with their name in it) that they can share with their friends for mutual benefit.
- Simplified payouts: Send instant payouts to your affiliates, all from your dashboard.
- No hassle: Customers don’t need to fill out any forms or do anything extra to be an affiliate.
14-day free trial.
- Snow Day ($39/month),
- Blizzard ($249/month).
Best Shopify Apps For Email Marketing
On average, businesses generate $38 for every $1 spent on email marketing. These Shopify apps help you create email campaigns for your store.
Note: We’ve only included one email marketing app under this section. We have a couple more Shopify app recommendations for email marketing under the “best apps for omnichannel marketing section.”
Klaviyo makes running email campaigns a breeze for Shopify store owners. And as they mention on their site, “Shopify stores make $85 for every dollar they spend on Klaviyo.”
It collects and stores relevant data of all customers from multiple touchpoints so you can create truly personalized email campaigns.
- You can segment users using any combination of data you (and Klaviyo) have. For example, location, purchases, previously viewed products, etc.
- You can set trigger flows based on dates (example: 2 days after a user signs up), events (example: cart abandonment), and more to A/B test your way to best open rates, high conversions, and more sales.
Of course, it also tracks email performance for you to see and improve.
One more thing: You can run SMS campaigns with it as well!
- Forms: A range of form templates you can use to collect store visitors’ data.
- Segmentation: Create rich user segments to truly personalize your emails and get exceptional open rates and conversions.
- Reporting: Track your email & SMS performance to measure the impact of email marketing on your store.
- Integration: It integrates with 100+ platforms and apps, including Social Snowball.
Klaviyo’s pricing depends on the number of email addresses and/or contact numbers* you have. Here’s a glimpse at their email plans:
- Free: You can send up to 500 emails to a total of 250 contacts for free.
- $20/month: Send unlimited emails to up to 500 contacts.
- $30/month: Send unlimited emails to up to 1000 contacts.
- $45/month: Send unlimited emails to up to 1500 contacts. And so on…
SMS plans are separate, but Klaviyo also offers combo (email + SMS) plans.
Best Shopify Popup Apps
The average conversion rate of popups is 11.09%, which is higher than PPC campaigns. Not taking away anything from PPC campaigns; all we’re saying is that if you’re not creating intent-driven popups, then you’re losing out on sales. Here are some Shopify apps that will help you execute high converting popups.
Tada is a gamification app that’ll help in one of the key aspects of your email marketing efforts: collecting emails!
Tada’s gamified email popups attract users with interactable games, gifts, and discounts to increase your leads/email subscribers and sales.
You can even integrate it with Klaviyo and Mailchimp to start warming up the subscribers with email flows.
- Popups: Tada’s exceptional popups get seen and interacted with.
- Email validation: It ensures email addresses are valid, so you get a high delivery rate and no future emails land in spam.
- Exit-intent popups: As soon as visitors try to leave your Shopify store, Tada shows a popup (with discounts, timer, etc.) to re-engage visitors and increase conversions.
7-day free trial.
- Free: Limited to 200 impressions /month
- Starter ($9.99/month): Includes 5,000 impressions/month
- Premium ($19.99/month): Includes 10,000 impressions/month
- Business ($29.99/month): Includes 30,000 impressions/month
- Enterprise ($49.99/month): Includes 50,000 impressions/month
Adoric is a conversion optimization tool that helps Shopify merchants convert visitors into customers using highly intelligent popups. Merchants can create event-triggered messages, custom forms, exit-intent popups, gamified popups, and many more personalized popups in 3 easy-to-follow steps.
Adoric focuses heavily on data analytics and designs to drive conversions. Merchants can use the platform’s advanced algorithm to deliver a personalized experience. Additionally, they can also create their popup design by using a design editor to perfect their popup appeal or choose from various templates.
- High conversion using trigger & targeting: Add a countdown timer or a coupon lucky wheel to your popup and deliver them to the right audience at the right time.
- Slide-in floating bar: Run floating popup campaigns by creating small, less on-you-face popups using a variety of templates.
- Dashboard: Track popup behavior and conversions using a robust marketing dashboard.
- Advanced algorithm: Show recommendations to customers by analyzing data from google analytics in real-time.
14- day free trial
- Free: 1,000 Pageviews.
- Essentials ($29/month): 25,000 pageviews/month.
- Standard ($79/month): 100,000 pageviews/month.
- Pro ($199/month): 500,000 pageviews/month.
Best Shopify Apps For SMS Marketing
You can’t undermine the importance of SMS in marketing.
58% of the consumers believe that SMS is the most effective communication channel for brands. Therefore, to establish a strong connection with your target audience, you need to include SMS in your marketing plan and these Shopify apps in your marketing stack.
Postscript has become one of the go-to SMS platforms for Shopify & Shopify Plus stores to create customized SMS campaigns at a low cost. Using Postscript, brands can build a subscriber base using mobile popups, segment them according to past actions, and automate personalized SMS campaigns using automation tools.
From a mere one-way broadcasting tool, it now allows brands to engage in two-way communication, enabling customers to reorder products, give reviews, and manage subscriptions using just text messages.
- Create and grow an SMS subscriber list: Postscript uses multiple opt-in tools to allow businesses to grow, retain, and engage a compliant subscriber list. Postscript also allows brands to apply 35+ segmentation filters to segment their audience.
- Automated Text Marketing: Brands can leverage Postscript’s robust menu and advanced filters to target subscribers according to demographics, buying behavior, purchase history, etc. They can create automatons that act in response to the subscriber’s action.
- Targeted Campaigns: Brands can engage in hyper-targeted SMS marketing using Shopify’s store data.
- 1:1 text messaging: Engage in two-way communication using Postscript’s response feature. Brands can also integrate Postscript with other help desk platforms to enable two-way communication.
30-day free trial.
- Free (0$/month): limited features.
- Growth ($100/month): Brands can build their SMS program with all the free features and other exclusive features.
- Professional ($500/month): The plan is for established brands who want to scale their SMS program as their top revenue channel.
SMSBump is famous for highly-targeted SMS campaigns, advanced automation of complex user actions, and robust tracking abilities to ensure data-driven decision making. They’re a fully TCPA and GDPR compliant SMS automation platform with a proven track record of 35%+ click-through rates and 25x+ ROI on campaigns.
- SMS Segmentation: SMSBump provides Shopify filters to narrow subscribers for narrow targeting
- A/B testing: Brands can run variants of different messaging types to measure which messages reap better results
- ROI-based Test Automations: Brands can run campaigns based on goals and get reminders on cart abandonment and customer reactivation.
- SMS Automation: On triggers like new orders, payment methods, shipment details, etc.
- Advanced Analytics: SMSBump reports on key statistics related to your store and its success metrics against your SMS marketing platform.
- Free (0$/month): (limited featured)
- Growth ($19/month): Get all free features + 1:1 SMS conversations, Keyword & Social Subscriber collection, advanced analytics, tech stack integration, and business name.
- Prime ($59/month): Get all Growth features + a Full Suite of subscriber collection tools, timezone-based messages, export analytics & reports, branded URLs, Priority Email & Chat support.
- Powerhouse ($199/month): Get all prime features + Conversational SMS flows, unlimited A/B testing, AI-powered predictive segmentation, customizable analytics dashboard, Shopify POS integration, and dedicated onboarding specialists.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing with all powerhouse features + advanced features
Attentive is another text messaging platform used by Shopify and Shopify plus ecommerce stores. It allows stores to create segmented lists, send automated messages, allow targeted campaigns for offer promotion, and respond to customer queries.
Like other platforms in this space, Attentive also comes with unique benefits. They assign a dedicated team to guide brands in building ROI-driven SMS marketing campaigns using the platform. They also provide access to quality resources in their members-only forum that organizes invite-only events and has a repository of 1000s of successful SMS campaigns and templates.
Brands also access their design studio to create high-performing, ADA and TCPA compliant and on-brand sign-up units.
- Targeted Campaigns: Brands can create campaigns based on behavioral events, demographic insights, and multi-channel marketing strategies.
- Build SMS & Email subscriber list: Attentive offers a unique feature to create compliant sign-up forms across all digital channels to convert visitors into subscribers.
- Targeted and personalized two-way communication: Brands can automate personalized SMS campaigns based on behavioral & transactional journeys with human-powered messaging.
- Dedicated Client Team & Exclusive Resources: From planning & launching campaigns to setting revenue goals and KPIs, attentive offers dedicated support to brands. They also offer value-based resources and a design studio to execute high-value campaigns.
- Integrations: Brands can connect Attentive to Shopify, Salesforce, and other tech partners.
60-days free trial
- Pay per feature: Customisable pricing according to the brand’s specific needs.
Cartloop is a conversational SMS marketing platform for Shopify and Shopify Plus stores. It comes with a robust team of sales & marketing representatives who act as an extended team of brands. With smart concierge services and smart messaging tactics, Cartloop has become one of the top platforms for brands who want to scale their SMS marketing but don’t have enough in-house resources or expertise to scale their efforts.
Whereas other platforms mentioned in this article provide smart automation to run their SMS marketing on Auto-pilot, Cartloop focuses more on the human touch with their army of representatives engaged with customers in real-time.
- 24/7 Concierge Service: Cartoon Concierge provides a dedicated team of sales & customer representatives to handle the brand’s customer queries 24/7.
- 1:1 Conversations: Cartoon powers 1:1 SMS conversations to personalize customer experience using customer representatives & bots.
- Growth Tools: to leverage two-step popups, keywords, QR codes, and Instagram sign-up links to build a subscriber list
- ROI-driven messaging: Cartloop only charges for messages that convert to sales.
- Smart integrations: Cartloop allows seamless interrogation with a brand’s marketing stack.
14-day free trial
- Growth ($49/month): Ideal for brands in the revenue scaling stage with features like Free SMS conversations, SMS concierge service, campaign & segmentation, QR codes, Instagram sign-up, SMS & Email popups, unique discount codes, custom branded links.
- Pro ($299/month): Ideal for growth-stage brands with all growth features + personalized reports & insights, campaign management strategy, dedicated strategy manager, and dedicated 1:1 slack channel.
Best Shopify Apps For Omnichannel Marketing
Companies with omnichannel customer engagement retain close to 89% of their customers. So, it’s obvious you should engage with customers on all channels – email, SMS, notifications, etc.
We have already shared some “master of one” apps for email and SMS engagement. Here are a couple of omnichannel apps that do both email & SMS and other channels.
Omnisend is perhaps the best omnichannel marketing app for Shopify. You can run SMS campaigns, send push notifications, use collected data for Facebook & Google ads, and run powerful email campaigns.
Alone as an email marketing tool, it has everything you’d expect – email templates, email builder, segmentation, automation, and in-depth reporting.
- Email collection: Use Omnisend’s wide range of popups, landing pages, signup boxes, and more to collect emails.
- Automation templates: Choose from pre-built workflows to get subscribers, recover visitors, cross-sell, and more.
- Create lookalike audiences: Sync Omnisend with Facebook and Google to create lookalike audiences and get higher conversions.
Omnisend’s pricing, too, depends on the number of contacts. For example, if you have 5000 contacts, annual plans are:
- Free: Limited features, send 15,000 emails/month.
- Standard ($13/month): Advanced email marketing features, send 15,000 emails/month
- Pro ($80/month): All advanced features (email, SMS, web push notifications), send 15,000 emails/month
If selling is your goal, then FirePush has everything you need to sell efficiently. Bringing all functions of marketing under one roof, FirePush helps brands run email, web, and SMS marketing campaigns seamlessly together to form a robust omnichannel execution engine.
FirePush also provides smart automation, advanced reporting, subscriber growth tools, and much more to set your marketing communication on autopilot.
- SMS Marketing: brands can set up SMS automation, manage bulk campaigns, integrate SMS campaigns with other marketing channels, etc.
- Web push notifications: brands can leverage high-converting automation and revenue-driving promo campaigns using web push notifications on desktop or mobile.
- Email Marketing: brands can use a drag and drop email editor, audience segmentation, and automated campaigns for marketing and transactions.
- Reports & analytics: brands can optimize campaigns with intelligent reporting and analytics tools.
- Subscriber growth tools: GDPR and TCPA compliant opt-in tools for subscription management.
- Basic (Email and SMS): Free up to 25 contacts. 500 emails/month, 500 web push notifications/month, and up to 60 SMS ($1 credit)
- Pro (Full Onmnichannel package with automation): Free up to 25 contacts. 500 emails/month, 500 web push notifications/month, and up to 60 SMS ($1 credit)
- Custom Pricing: Unlimited emails, web push notifications, and better SMS pricing.
Best Shopify Apps For Social Media Marketing
These are the best Shopify apps that help use social media for store growth.
Compared to email marketing, a fraction of stores practice Messenger marketing. And that can be your advantage because people are (not used to Messenger promotions and hence) less likely to ignore messages on Facebook.
Recart’s popup messages convert visitors into Messenger subscribers. Then, you can sell more with engaging messages, reengagement promos, and pre-built flows.
All these, as they mention, can get you about 85% open rate, 35% click rate, and 5-9% visitor-to-customer conversion rate!
- Flow templates: Recart has a wide variety of Messenger messages & flows to engage subscribers.
- Start-to-finish Messenger conversation: Right from abandoned cart messages to sending shipping updates and asking for product reviews, Recart handles all messages under one conversation.
28-day free trial.
Plans: Recart plans are performance-based. For example:
- If Recart helps you generate up to $1000 extra sales: $29/month.
- Or if up to $40,000 extra sales: $499/month.
You don’t update your website gallery as frequently as you update your Instagram. But fresh — latest & greatest — content attracts and keeps people on the website, leading to higher conversions.
With Instafeed, you can show your recent (and/or selected) Instagram photos on your Shopify store. And these photos are shoppable! It means if someone clicks on the photo, Instafeed will direct them to the product page/category/collection.
Pro-tip: People trust actual users more than they trust your ads under perfect lighting or an Instagram influencer promoting your product with a big smile. Therefore, try to get your customers to post on their page, which you can repost on your Instagram, and Instafeed will show on the website. [We’ve mentioned how you can motivate users to create UGC (User Generated Content) in our word of mouth marketing strategies article]
- Shoppable Instagram feed: Your website will always have fresh photos of the products you see — and the photos are shoppable.
- Elegant design: Instafeed’s designs are minimal and attractive.
- Instafeed Free: Free
- Instafeed Pro: $3.99/month
- Instafeed Plus: $19..99/month
DelightChat is a customer service CRM primarily used as a WhatsApp Business solution for customer support & marketing. Besides Whatsapp chatting with your customers, you can use the Delightchat dashboard to provide customer service via Instagram DMs, Messenger messages, emails, and live chat. You can also see and reply to your social media comments on Delightchat.
- Shared inbox: Manage WhatsApp, Instagram, FB, Email & Live Chat queries from one place.
- Smart automation: You’ll have the ability to reply quickly using templates and easy team collaboration on support queries
- WhatsApp marketing features: This includes things like sending bulk broadcasts to customer lists.
14-day free trial
- Startup: Support up to 500 tickets/mo and $10 per extra 100 tickets. Marketing up to 2500 contacts/mo $10 per extra 1000 contacts.
- Scale: Support up to 2000 tickets/mo $8 per extra 100 tickets. Marketing up to 10000 contacts/mo $5 per extra 1000 contacts.
- Growth: Support up to 6000 tickets/mo $5 per extra 100 tickets. Marketing up to 30000 contacts/mo $3 per extra 1000 contacts
Best Shopify Apps For Social Proof
Social Proof is a must. If people don’t see enough social proof on your site or social media, they leave. Install these Shopify apps and see your conversion rates skyrocket.
Used by some heavyweights like Netflix, SKIMS, LEGO, and Crunchyroll, Okendo is the perfect Shopify app to display social proof. Essentially, it helps Shopify stores capture and display product ratings, reviews, and user-generated content (UGC).
You can send review request emails and capture forms to gather customer ratings, text reviews, and customer-generated photos/videos. Because of its mobile-first approach, customers are more likely to provide all three.
Moreover, the Okendo display widget lets you showcase reviews and UGC throughout the customer journey, which boosts conversions.
- Fast widgets: Okendo display widgets are well-optimized and load fast without hurting your store’s loading speed.
- Review request emails: Set automated triggers to ask customers for reviews at the right time.
- Sharing: You can share received reviews and UGC directly to Google Search, Google Shopping, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
14-day free trial
- Essential: $29/month
- Growth: $99/month
- Power: $299/month
- Advanced: $499/month
Judge.me does one thing, and it does it well: Allow Shopify merchants to collect and display customers’ reviews.
Customers can leave a text, image, or video message alongside a star rating on Shopify stores with Judge.me installed. To ensure maximum customers leave a review, Judge.me also takes input directly from emails.
These reviews are, of course, great for social proof when visitors land on your website, but there’s more: you can share these reviews on all social media, and these reviews create SEO Rich snippets for Google search.
- Get reviews on auto-pilot: Judge.me will send emails to ask your current and past customers for reviews.
- Multiple languages: Select from 34 languages for your review widget and emails.
- Affordable: Judge.me is affordable compared to other alternatives, and hence is our #1 choice for best Shopify apps for product reviews.
- Forever Free: $0/month
- Awesome: $15/month
Best Shopify Apps For Abandoned Cart Recovery
We have already discussed email marketing, SMS marketing, and Messenger marketing options for abandoned cart recovery. Here are a couple more Shopify apps for the same:
Do you know why LiveRecover is better than the abovementioned email and Messenger abandoned cart recovery options? Actual humans from the LiveRecover team chat with cart abandoners to increase recovery!
Yes, it’ll cost you a % of revenue, but you’ll make a lot more than nothing.
- Live SMS conversations: LiveRecover’s agents chat with customers in real-time and make an effort to increase sales.
- Free to install: 20% of revenue generated by LiveRecover
- Growth ($49/month): 10% of revenue.
- Pro ($99/month): 5% of revenue.
There’s a lot PushOwl can do for your Shopify store with its web push notifications – retargeting, promoting sales, announcements, etc. One of the most essential use-cases is abandoned cart recovery.
You can add a 3-reminder sequence with smart delays, different messages, and coupon codes to convert cart abandoners into customers.
- Automated recovery: Set the sequence, sit back, and relax. Let PushOwl recover for you.
- Dynamic hero images: The push notifications will include the image of the product in the cart.
- Basic: $0/month (for up to 500 impressions/month)get
- Business: $19/month (per 10,000 impressions/month)
Best Shopify Apps For Post Purchase Promotions
Thanks to affiliate marketing, email & SMS marketing, social media pushing, enough social proof, and abandoned cart recovery systems in place, you’ll be able to convert visitors into buyers. What next? You try and make them buy more from your store using a post-purchase promotions Shopify app.
The Checkout Promotions & Upsells Shopify app does precisely what the name suggests: upsell and promote other products at checkout to increase AOV (average order value) and customer LTV (lifetime value).
From its dashboard, you can set the products you want to upsell or cross-sell — customers can directly add them to the cart in one click. There’s also an eligibility setting you can tweak if you only want to upsell to a particular category of buyers (e.g., only buyers with a total cart value >$200).
- One-click upsell: Customers can buy the ‘upsell item’ in one click.
- Eligibility triggers: You can choose from a combination of 20 eligibility triggers to show the upsell/discount.
7-day free trial.
- Free: $0
- Growth: $15/month
Another great Shopify app that does post-purchase offers well is Carthook. It has beautifully designed upsell templates that catch customers’ attention. And a great dashboard to help understand its impact on your AOV and revenue.
But the most important part of Carthook is its funnels. You can really get into the details of upselling and cross-selling with its post-purchase funnels. For example, you can show X product when Y product is in the cart + product quantity > 5 + cart value > $100 + ….
- High-converting funnels: Get into the nitty-gritty of what works best with what and set funnel triggers.
- One-click post-purchase offers: Customers can buy the upsell or cross-sell offers in a single click.
14-day free trial
- Growth: $50/month + 1% of revenue Carthook generates
- Enterprise: $500/month (best suited for stores making $50k/month or more in post-purchase revenue)
Best Shopify Apps For Building Your Store Pages
Building a website or an eCommerce store no longer takes months and months of coding. You can go for these Shopify apps and build yourself a high-performing website without spending a minute in coding.
PageFly is perhaps the most popular page-building app on the Shopify App Store. Using PageFly, brands can smoothly create outstanding web pages for desktop, mobile, and tablet devices.
Brands love PageFly due to the endless options it provides for page designs and its all-around user experience. On top of its already loved user experience and ease of use, PageFly also provides 24/7 customer support.
- Intuitive editor: You can build and optimize any page by just using a drag and drop system.
- Personalized mobile view: Go multi-device with mobile, desktop, and tablet optimization features.
- Strong integrations: PageFly likely integrates with most of your marketing stack. It also has an integration for Social Snowball forms.
- High Performance: Speed, responsiveness, and performance, you get everything with PageFly.
- Extensive library: Get access to a big template and professional theme library.
- $0/month: Page building tool for everyone.
- $19/month: 20 slots, $1.45/slot.
- Enterprise: $99/month or $165.8/month billed at $1990 once per year.
21. Plobal Apps
With Plobal Apps you can build a mobile app for your Shopify store within 10 minutes.
Yes, that’s right. It helps you turn your Shopify store into a native mobile app by smoothly syncing all the products and retaining your web customers.
Plobal Apps doesn’t just limit its features to building a mobile app but also extends marketing support and audience optimization features on its app.
- Dedicated support team: Plobal Apps offers a dedicated team of experts to build your mobile app and ensure that it is well serviced to offer sales.
- Robust Dashboard: You can get access to a powerful dashboard to gain real-time insights and act on those by sending notifications.
- Personalized Push Notifications: According to the buyer’s journey in the app, you can send personalized notifications.
- Deep Linking: You can redirect your web customers to the app and encourage them to complete their transactions, move their wishlist to cart, etc.
- Omnichannel solution: Plobal Apps allows brands to adopt an omnichannel approach to selling. They allow brands the flexibility to shop in the app and pick their products from the retail stores.
- Smart filters: Get access to smart filters and product segmentation for your customers.
- AI-based product recommendations: Based on buyers’ profiles and other demographics, promote products they’re most likely to buy.
- Growth: $99/month or 3% success fee.
- Essentials: $199/month or 2% success fee.
- Enterprise: $799/month or 1% success fee.
- Enterprise Plus: Custom.
Best Shopify Apps For Quizzing Customers
Ecommerce quizzes are one of the most creative ways to gather zero-party data and provide product recommendations to customers. Brands using quizzes notice an increase in conversions, average order value, and average lifetime value of customers.
Here are a couple of Shopify apps that can help you run engaging quizzes.
2000+ Shopify merchants use Octane AI for running product recommendation quizzes. It’s one of the highly-rated Shopify apps that use zero-party data to run product quizzes and conversational popups at every stage of a customer’s journey.
Brands can simply use Octane AI to build a product quiz and place it in their ads, website, a popup, and understand their product choices. Data collected from the quiz can be synchronized to any email or SMS platform to recommend personalized products/offers to customers.
- Shop quiz: You can make detailed and personalized product recommendations using unlimited quizzes, surveys, and questions.
- Conversational popups: You can use data collected from quizzes and implement personalized product recommendations right in the popup.
- Detailed analytics: You can make data-driven decisions by tracking metrics like conversion rates, average order value, revenue, engagement, drop-off rates, A/B testing, and much more.
14- day free trial
- Starter ($49/month): Collect data & make personalized product recommendations.
- Pro ($199/month): Add sophistication to your data collection & personalization.
- Pioneer ($499/month): Use data and coaching to optimize your marketing personalization.
- Custom: Get hands-on implementation help from a team of experts.
Prehook is another robust quiz builder app for Shopify merchants looking to increase sales by delivering personalized messages/products to their customers. Known for its seamless UI, Prehook drives the entire marketing funnel right from conducting quizzes to creating personalized messages to integrating with a vast majority of the marketing stack.
Prehook adds multiple layers of intuitive action streams that direct customers to different paths based on their answers to the quiz. Brands can leverage these answers to create product-specific lists and drive marketing campaigns on their website, SMS, emails, etc.
- Product recommendations: Personalised product recommendations based on quiz answers. Upsell, cross sell with grouped recommendations.
- Recall: Use previous answers to create a more engaging quiz.
- Email list: Capture email and integrate with Klaviyo, Omnisend, Attentive, and Postscript.
- Add to cart: Increase sales by allowing customers to directly add products to the cart from the quiz.
14- day free trial
- Free: 10 engagements/month.
- Basic ($35/month or $23/month billed at $276/year): Up to 600 engagements/month.
- Standard ($95/month or $59/month billed at $708/year): Up to 2000 engagements/month.
- Pro ($195/month or $129/month billed at $1548/year): Up to 6000 engagements/month.
Best Shopify Analytics Apps
Everything costs – acquiring the customer, sending cart recovery emails and messages, shipping, post-purchase engagement, paying business taxes, and, of course, the product itself. If you don’t keep track of profits and analyze all expenses, you’ll lose money. So use a dedicated Shopify app to discover your true profits and find profit-making opportunities. Analytics tools also help find marketing opportunities, discover new target audiences, and more.
BeProfit tracks all your expenses in one place and shows you your actual profits. It also does cohort analysis to get insights on customer lifetime value, customer acquisition costs, and user behaviors to optimize profit. Additionally, BeProfit tracks marketing performance to show you what’s working best and what’s losing you money.
It syncs with Facebook, Google, Snapchat, Tik Tok, AliExpress, Pinterest, and Bing ads, so you don’t have to add everyday data manually. But, of course, you need to add some data manually, like recurring costs, cost of goods sold (COGs), etc., for precise analysis.
- Precise Profit Analysis: Know what you are actually making and what sources contribute the most.
- Seamless Integrations: Integrate with commonly-used ad channels like Facebook, Pinterest, Tik Tok, etc., to auto-sync the data for profit analysis.
14-day free trial
- Free: $0/month (track up to 10 monthly orders)
- Basic: $25/month
- Pro: $50/month
Tydo organizes complex data for DTC brands using highly intuitive and robust dashboards. Right from analytical data from marketing to operations management and financial reporting, Tydo organizes them all under one dashboard.
Tydo easily integrates with your marketing and sales stack like Shopify store, Facebook, Instagram, Ticktock, ad networks, etc., to offer a 360-degree view of business activities.
- Cohort Analysis: Identifies user behavior.
- Data Integration: Collects data from multiple sources and organizes them under one dashboard.
- Automatic screenshot: Captures screenshots of your web store on a routine basis.
- ROI-based analytics: Captures insights & identifies the most profitable marketing channel based on campaign performances.
- Brand Tracking: Tracks brand’s position on search engines and social media.
- Segmentation: Groups and segments audiences based on pre-set criteria.
- Starters ($199/month): Get real-time order profitability, cohort analysis, and automated CAC and ROAS reporting. Also, integrate with Shopify, Facebook, Instagram, AdWords, Klaviyo, and ReCharge.
- Growth ($2000/month): Get Cloud Marketing Data Warehouse, Access custom premium metrics, and reports.
- Elite (Customisable): Get Advanced CRM with event-level data, Integrate with ERPs and fulfillment partners
- Startup ($1000/month): Get all the features included in Growth, 50% off for the first year, $5m in annual revenue, or $5m in investment.
The above are some of the must-have Shopify apps if you are serious about e-commerce growth. We covered apps for all major marketing methods and more in this list. Let us know in the comments if you’d like us to analyze Shopify apps in other categories and update this list.
If you’d like to add a referral & affiliate program to your Shopify store: